Tsuki no Sawa Onsen Kitagassanso
A place that feels like coming home.
This is the source for the only 3 acidic springs in the prefecture. Visitors can take a bath and warm their body and spirit.
Bathers are sure to feel refreshed while looking out at the beautiful scenery in all four seasons, enjoying the new greenery, autumn colors, and winter landscape.
Visitors can't help but be impressed with the local dishes made from locally sourced ingredients served at the home-style restaurant, Yamabudo.
It makes a great base camp when climbing Mt. Gassan.
Tourist site details
- Tsuki no Sawa Onsen Kitagassanso
- 1-67 Nishiyama, Tachiyazawa-aza, Shonai Town, Higashitagawa-gun, Yamagata Prefecture
- Business hours
- One-day visit (use bathing facilities without accommodations) 10:30–6:00 p.m. (Winter: 10:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m.) Check-in 4:00 p.m./Check-out: 10:00 a.m.
- 2nd Tue. of every month, December 31st - January 3rd
- 3,500 yen/adult for 1 night, 2 days 2,000 yen/child for 1 night, 2 days *Overnight stay without meals Breakfast and dinner is possible *Group discount available
- 50 parking spaces (Winter: 20 parking spaces)
- Telephone no.